As part of our 40th anniversary celebration, we are collecting stories from women in the Chicago lesbian and/or feminist community (or who were a part of those communities any time over the last 40 years).
We will select some of these stories — either attributed or anonymously, as you choose — and present them as part of our Spring 2020 concert. We believe that our experience in Artemis is part of a larger story of the women’s movement, and we believe that your stories will help us paint that larger picture.
Here are some of the topics you might want to relate:
- A story about going to women’s bars
- A story about women’s music – how a musician or song made a difference in your life
- A story about becoming enraged at the patriarchy
- A story about a time in history such as the fight for the ERA or for marriage equality
- A story about fighting racism in our community
- A story about celebrating with other women – retirement or some other big life event
We have held four story-telling workshops and details for the next one are being finalized.
Want to give us your story in writing? Tell us your story now by writing it in this form. Thanks!