As part of our 40th anniversary celebration, we are collecting stories from women in the Chicago lesbian and/or feminist community (or who were a part of those communities any time over the last 40 years).
We will select some of these stories — either attributed or anonymously, as you choose — and present them as part of our Spring 2020 concert. We believe that our experience in Artemis is part of a larger story of the women’s movement, and we believe that your stories will help us paint that larger picture.
Here are some of the topics you might want to relate:
- A story about going to women’s bars
- A story about women’s music – how a musician or song made a difference in your life
- A story about becoming enraged at the patriarchy
- A story about a time in history such as the fight for the ERA or for marriage equality
- A story about fighting racism in our community
- A story about celebrating with other women – retirement or some other big life event
If you have a tale to tell, we would love to record it at one of our Story Workshops. The first one will be:
Tuesday, September 10, 2019
Independence Branch, Chicago Public Library
4024 N Elston Ave, Chicago, IL
We will be there from 5:00 pm to 7:30 pm. If you would like to take part, please register here.