June 4, 2022 4pm
A celebration of lesbian life
Join us outdoors at the Forest Glen Forest Preserve picnic pavilion on Chicago’s northwest side for a joyous celebration, as we sing for you in person. We’ll be singing songs commissioned recently, as well as some we’ve sung for many years.
What you will bring:
- Enthusiasm for lesbian feminist music and community
- Your lawn chair or blanket (there will also be 4 or 5 picnic tables onsite)
- Snacks and beverages to enjoy — but please no glass containers
- Familiarity with current CDC COVID Guidelines for vaccines, masking, social distancing and testing
- Rain gear if the weather is not cooperating
What we will bring:
- 21 fully vaccinated singers who have tested negative for Covid on that day (and therefore likely unmasked)
- A great program of choral songs
- Two new pieces presented to a live audience for the very first time
- Lively percussion, strings, guitar, and keyboard accompaniment
- The great outdoors and a relaxed atmosphere
- Overwhelming happiness to be singing for YOU
Getting There Options:
Forest Glen Woods – Picnic Grove #1, 5420 N Forest Glen Ave, Chicago
- Take the 92 Foster CTA bus to Foster & Leclaire and walk about 10 mins north to the grove
- Take Metra MD-N line to Forest Glen and walk about 5 mins north to the grove
- Drive to the forest preserve and enjoy ample parking onsite
Tickets: Donations of any amount are welcome on-site, or Donate online.
Please join our mailing list.